Sunday, August 22, 2010

My 6th First Day of School!!! Yippeee

Sorry I have been the worst blogger ever...but I have a few reasons for it.

First of all I have been crazy busy working in my classroom.  The last week has been spent learning new ropes, since I am now a new school.  I have been welcomed in with such warmth from all of my new faculty members.  I have seen new light, new ways, and new ideas.  I can tell that this year is going to be very amazing.  This year will be very different from my past 5 years of teaching.  However, I will put this out there....I am very thankful to have had my first job at Contreras. If I had not taught there first I would have never know what "real" teaching was like.  My new school tends to spoil their teachers a bit lot, I don't think they have any idea really how lucky they are. Between the PTA and my principal I have received more goodies this year than ALL 5 years at Contreras.  Really it is crazy, just crazy.

Thus tomorrow begins my 6th First Day of school, yet my 1st First Day of Second Grade at Lily B.  I told Mr. Amazing this year would be exciting.  I know that the kiddos will be fun to teach and ready to learn.  It will also be fun to learn another grade level....I am now very skilled in K and 1, but soon 2nd also!!  I also spent this afternoon putting the finishing touches to my class blog.  Yes, folks you heard me!!  My principal is very pro TECHNOLOGY!!!  It is wonderful, because I too love technology.  I mean heck she text messages us almost as much as emailing.  FWISD had a web page provided for each teacher, however it is NOT user friendly at all.  Instead I have posted my blog link to my FWISD web page and away we go!!!!   I can't wait for the kids to get to post blogs on there too.  I think the parents will really enjoy our blog better than a stinky web page that holds very little items. 

Now for my OTHER REASON EXCUSE for not blogging that much lately.  I am having MAJOR computer issues.  Mr. Amazing of course blames that on the fact that I take 1000's of pictures.  He claims that I should move them to our external hard drive.  I agree with this but, just as soon as I do move them...I will need one or something.  Yes, I have taken and moved all of the pictures over to the external hard drive.  Yet, still my computer will not stop freezing up every 2 seconds.  His next suggestion of course was to use the Mac for blogging!!! YIKES, my windows life does not agree with Mac talk...I um well am not a pro at using that thing.  Thus I sit waiting every 2 seconds for my computer to stop freezing...and blog between issues! HA   I was hoping Mr. Amazing would help me you know by getting a new computer...thus far no such luck.  I hope that I can blog more and better in the future! Ha!!! (oh and this is also the reason you do see any pictures of my classroom...I will try to post later)

No comments: