Wednesday, February 20, 2013

House update...ready for brick

She loves walking around outside of the house
Let's see when we last left off they had pretty much framed, roofed, and done electric.  It's amazing how much can get done in such little time!  This past week a lot more action went on.  Miss H and I managed 2 trips out to check on things.  We have been a little busy this week getting ready for our trip to Colorado!

The water well is in full action.  They actually put it in the week prior or drilled for it.  Then they have to allow it to set and run it.  Thus this past weekend they let it run to get all the yuck out!  Thankful we have a builder who understands well water, propane, and septic tanks.  This city girl will have to learn a lot I am afraid!!
 Once the house is built the well moves into our garage area...isn't it pretty ;-) 
the ditch bringing the water into our house
Needless to say Miss H and I headed out on January 13th to take some pics of all the progress.  Winston will be super jazzed because his door is almost ready to go.  I know he has missed life with a doggy door, heck I have missed life with a doggy door!  It will be interesting to see if Miss H remembers what a doggy door is?? Let's hope not since she will easily fit through it.

The sheetrock has arrived or was arriving that day.  They were working hard to unload it all and place it in the rooms.  The tubs and shower were all being tested by the plumber...thus we have WATER hooked up to the house.  Plumbing is in and ready to go, after the inspection that is.  Now my tub isn't installed yet but I am happy about that.  This way it's not sitting in the way getting banged on and collecting crap in it.  I can't wait to use my million dollar (that's what I call it) bath tub...ahhh the relaxation I can see it now.

sheetrock being dropped off
all the sheetrock ready to go in the middle of our living room

All fireplaces are in and I believe the chime maybe finished too...if I recall correctly! The house is prepped for brick.  Oh and the stone has arrived...we will have both stone and brick on the house.  The brick should go up tomorrow if it doesn't rain! Ha..its suppose to be bad weather all day so we will see about that.

close up of our stone
the fireplace on the patio

Today the house was spray foamed (if that is a word??) with insulation.  Next step sheetrock.  Also today we met with the cabinet guy Tracy and picked all our cabinets.  I am so excited! Not only is it fun picking things out but we go to the model home and do this.  The model is so similar to our home it is like being in ours...I love going there!  I managed to get all the cabinets I wanted in the kitchen, mudroom, laundry room, and bathroom.  I love being able to customize all our rooms for each need.

What our front door will look like...can't wait to see it on our house!
Miss H and I plan to make a trip out tomorrow...weather pending to check it all out before we leave town.  Crazy to think our house will be bricked and sheet-rocked when we return.  Chris will have to keep us up to dated as it changes.  Now if only I could manage to get him out there to take pictures...too bad he is slammed at work.  I am jazzed he is busy at work, but it hurts my photo chances :-) I mean a girl has to have her priorities straight here.

No comments: