Monday, August 31, 2009

Am I running already?

Please tell me I am not RUNNING!!! I mean if I am already running and it is only 1 week into the school year, I will never make it to June! (needless to say I hate running) Lets see where to begin about the week....

Day 1 and 2 seem like such a blur to me now. I really don't remember much, but what I do is great. I have 22 smiling faces that arrived to greet me. Many of the faces were old familiar ones, but I do have 3 new kiddos that have never been to our amazing school. They seemed the most nervous about coming in. TEARS TEARS TEARS!!! This year I am proud to say I did NOT have one sweet angel that cried or ran. (although you think run....well one year I had a runner for 2 months) The day started off pretty smooth even with my special little friend who has come back to join our school. I think of all the kiddos he proved to be the best!

Day 3, 4, & 5....were nothing but settling in. You know with K and 1st the first week is PROCEDURES PROCEDURES PROCEDURES!! From day one you really have to beat that into them or your year will be CRAZY! Thankfully my kiddos had very good teachers last year so we just jumped into them. The week flew by with out a pause, which again concerns me on the PACE of my year. I just hope that I can keep up with it all...man each year it seems to be faster and more jammed packed with things to do. As of now, I will just keep RUNNING...and hope I get some extra motivation on the way.

One things for sure this class is going to keep me on my toes. We have 2 class clowns...every class needs at least one. One of which knows when to be funny and when not to; the other is just funny regardless. I have 3 mothers helpers. You know the type, will OVER help people even when not needed. I have some amazing writers. They will be my book worms for sure. I also have a very creative class. I believe it is my most "artistic" class yet, man can they draw. This will be amazing when we have to illustrate our class books and such. Needless to say each child in there is sure to add to our group. I am very lucky to have such a diverse bunch. We are going to Rock for sure this year!!!

No comments: