Thursday, August 20, 2009

Camp Mayberry you are amazing.....


This face could not be happier!! I am so sad not to have my sweet puppy....but man oh man has it been wonderful too. Thank you Camp Mayberry for taking our boy and making him love life so much. Without your wonderful help at camp I would not have been able to:
  • clean out my classroom
  • attend work with no worries
  • worked through lunch breaks
  • stay up at school until 10 pm or later

Yes normally I am not the one who does afternoon potty breaks so I will also include Chris' thank yous....He has been able to work all day setting appointments with no regards as to potty breaks. Our life could have been so stressful right now, however instead it is very simple. I sure hope the little guy will come home without kicking and screaming. Oh gosh and life without a doggy door could be a sad moment for him! Poor thing, living the DREAM, and then back to reality. ENJOY IT NOW BABY, only 3 more weeks!!! (that is if you still act nice to your wonderful counselor Little Bear!)

I have never been in this position before...I don't know if it is because I got to stay in my same classroom (for the 1st time), or the fact that I can work later. Non the less I am sitting here on Thursday night 3 days before school begins blogging....NOT WORKING ON SCHOOL STUFF!!! This is the best feeling I have had in my 5 years. My room is complete minus one bulletin board (still not sure what to do there) and name tags being taped down to desk (my roster will keep changing til tomorrow afternoon). Tomorrow is normally my OH MY GOSH WHAT WILL I DO...moment! Not this year, instead it will be the day I calmly sit in my ready to go classroom and work on the next couple of weeks lesson plans! Even when Abby came down last weekend she could not believe how far along I was. Again I probably wouldn't be in this position if I had a sweet face (such as the one above) that I needed to go home and let out. THANK YOU!!!

I am very much looking forward to seeing all those sweet faces on Monday morning; but also know this will probably be my most challenging year. Yes in the past years I have had many challenges with language....but this year I have been blessed with a special friend that will require extra help. I am thankful to know what I am being faced with, but until that 1st day or even week is over I wont really be ready. This year is sure to be amazing no matter what; each year always out does the past whether it be stories, crazy moments, kids, or all of the above. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Abby said...

He is going to miss the doggie door. But he will probably be happy not to have the counselors in his face all of the time!!