Thursday, July 28, 2011

Lost in....

MY CLASSROOM!!  Thus the lack of blogging this week, yikes!  Well, I have been pretty good for my goal this week.  My goal was to hit my classroom up for about 2-4 hours a day.  You know just taking some small steps here.  I'm not ready just yet for it to be my new home.  However, I thought if I started slow this week then the next two weeks could be pretty easy to work into.

There are 3 problems I have arrived at this year while working in my room.  1) I just can't move all the stuff I want.  I am sadly at the mercy of my wonderful custodians.  I need 2 selves and a filing cabinet moved before my furniture rearranging can begin!  2) I'm not as skinny as I normally am....ha ha I know this may be a shock.  However, when I am working away I'll try to fit between a table and some stuff and realize I CAN'T!  It's really weird not being able to do the things one is use to.  I guess I took squeezing through small spaces for granite, Ha!  3) I really have enjoyed my NAPS this summer.  I don't know how I am going to adjust to a full day of school.  Right now I go up in the morning, leave around lunch.  Eat something then take a nice 2 hour nap.  YIKES!!  Wonder if my second graders would mind me adding in a nap time.  I am sure some of those little bodies could use a nap too...

My goal next week....to work longer and try to SkIp oUt on the NAP!  (that is the saddest thing I have ever typed I think) Hope you guys are gearing up for back to school just like me....Slow and steady!   Oh and just for a laugh I leave you with this really BAD quality Iphone pic that Chris took of me on Tuesday night (of course after my 105 degree tennis match...yikes).  He is so funny, he seems to always buy something for the baby!  He picked this up at the Rangers game on Tuesday night.
The shirt says, "My first Rangers TEE"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The doctor would recommend avoiding 105 degree tennis matches or anything else in that range in your current state.

-Brian

Amber said...

How cute is that Rangers shirt?! Love it!

I really need to get back into playing tennis. I played in high school, but haven't picked up my racquet much since because no one else will play with me :(