Sunday, July 31, 2011

KATY PERRY!!

My wonderful tennis friend invited me to join her at the Katy Perry concert this past Thursday night!   Man was it wonderful.  Okay I have to begin this by saying....ummmm well the only concerts I really go to are country!  Thus you can imagine my amazment at the sights that I saw!  You know your typical country concert is pretty laid back.  It's normally a bunch of guys and gals wearing their cowboy boots, hats, and such just enjoying life.  There maybe a little brawl from too much beer drinking....and maybe some two stepping but nothing "too" crazy!

Picture me getting out of the car to see: TONS of people with BLUE wigs on, huge TUTUs, more pink than one should ever see, and so much more!  Just before this I had told Debra I really enjoy people watching and was pretty excited about doing that tonight!  Little did I know it would be a FULL night of people watching.  Of course I don't have any "amazing" pictures because they wouldn't let me take my nice Nikon in...since it had a telescoping lens....BLAH!  So only crappy Iphone pics, sorry!

The night was great I can't complain about much, except the second singer that opened before her.  It was well...not my style of music!  Actually I don't think anyone in our section was enjoying it.  I did get so great people watching done in that time.  I am sorry ladies if this my offend you but, if you are over the age of oh 25 I don't think a tutu is what you should be wearing.  I don't care how much you LOVE the singer! Also I have a small problem with the amount of 10-15 year olds that were dressed like ummm hoochies for lack of a better word. (again sorry if I offend)  I think I saw more mini skirts on preteens that ever in my life....but right beside them were their mothers dressed in the same type of outfit!  So not okay!!  Then you have the grown adult women who were wearing CUPCAKES on their boobs!  Not actually eatable ones, but stuffed cupcakes!  Oh and the nice looking gay guy who made his own shirt about kissing a girl and hurting his boyfriends feelings.  He sat in front of us, and had many pictures taken by others.  A very EYE OPENING experience for me the country gal!

Now lets talk KATY!!!  She did an amazing job!  Again this is where I have to say I should really go to more non country concerts.  This was more like a show to me than a concert.  I again picture one song after another...and the singer singing around 8 songs and off you go!  She had a wonderful show! I still cant get over how different her concert was.  I loved it!  Debra and I enjoyed every moment of it..even the crazy people! If you like Katy and have never been you really MUST go!  Here are the few random pics I got!
Debra and I! 



No comments: