Thursday, January 26, 2012

Harper Reese....Birth Story

Here we are ready to go at the hospital.

 Oh my goodness where does one begin?  As most of you are aware we kind of "planned" our baby's arrival....but then again we really DIDN'T!  It's so funny because before our baby arrived I had never really wondered about the birth story!  Man was ours interesting and an adventure!!

As planned my mom, dad, sister and family all arrived on Saturday!  Chris and I enjoyed spending the day with them prior to our arrival at the hospital at 5 that night.  We finished up Harper's room and did a few other errands.  Then at 4:30 pm Chris and I took off for the hospital...what a surreal feeling that was.  I mean we were actually on our way to meet our sweet baby!  Once we got to the hospital things were a little rocky....On the Tuesday prior there was another woman with my same name who came in and delivered there....thus causing some confusing as to who I was and how they didn't realize I was coming it.  They had marked me off the induction book because, well they thought I already had my sweet baby.  No worries the nurses and on call doc got everything squared away quickly.  Plus we ended up getting a wonderful large room.  This was great since we have many family members coming to visit.  Around 7 pm we began the induction....since I was not dilated this seemed to be a long road.  However, Chris and I were fully aware of that going in.  My family came up for a bit and hung out...I was looking super sexy as you can see!

That night they checked me around 10...not much change so I didn't want poor Chris to have to sleep there that night.  I sent him home, and believe me he was very hesitant to go.  But really all I was going to do was sleep so why did he need to be there?  I kept him up to date via text every time the nurses came in.  Nothing much happened except contractions of course...but no major changes.

These wonderful gowns make me look GIGANTIC.
all hooked up and ready to go...

Sunday morning Chris arrived around 5 am as we had planned.  Yes, he is an early riser!  He was there when they began my pitocin.... My doctor was on call on Sunday that is why we planned this! She came in explained how things would work and said she would check back around lunch.  Thus things began to progress a little more...or so I thought.  I mean I was actually "feeling" the contractions at this point.  My family arrived with breakfast around 8 and then Chris' family came in around 10.  I was so glad everyone finally made it so that they would all be here for the arrival of Baby R.  I then of course told Baby R he/she could come out because everyone is here!  HA HA HA  Noon came and went with no change other than the pain I was feeling.  I began some iv pain meds...that made me talk crazy!  Our poor to hear me gab about random stuff!  Then it was well dinner time and still no change.  My poor doctor is so sweet she kept telling me things would work out and she had tons of tricks to try. After 2 bags of pit nothing had moved doctor did a few things inside (sorry for the tmi)...scraped my membrane (which hurt like h*ll).  Then at 10 pm we were sitting in the same boat.  NOTHING moving forward...NO dilation what so ever!  Our families were getting very excited about a baby, and well this one was not moving!  Thus we were in for a long night I was afraid.  Chris made is bed and we both tried to get some rest.

I was up off and on as the nurses came in and checked on me....don't be alarmed nothing changed.  I mean I still was not even a 1! I of course hit the bathroom a few times.  Let me tell you what a pain that is when your hooked up to a million machines...I am a PRO now let me tell you.  Around 2:30 am after just returning from a bathroom trip I felt this huge kick on my stomach.  Then the great flood began!  Well it was a small flood and I yelled at Chris immediately.  Chris I think my water broke come look.  He stumbles over, actually he looked drunk, it was funny! He was so tired and not to happy about me waking him up.  He said no I don't think so.  Then I hit the nurse button she came in and kind of felt the same way Chris did.  They both tried to connivence me I might have pee'd on myself.  I new it was more than that....and well when I stood up about 20 minutes later those 2 finally believed me as it was the great flood!  I was super jazzed and thought to myself that things must finally be kicking into gear.  The nurse said she would let my doctor know, but to try and get some rest until she came in the morning.  I tried to sleep and did off and on.  Then around 6 I wanted pain meds, but didn't want to be talking crazy so I was trying to hold off.  Which if you know me is big because my MO since I found out I was prego was GIVE ME THE DRUGS!!  I am so pro drugs its not even funny! While I was analyzing if I should push the nurse button or not I heard this random dripping noise.

The Roberts' clan!

Doing some arts and crafts to pass the time!

MONDAY: January 16, 2012
Thankfully at 6:30 my new nurse came in and I asked her to turn on our light because I heard a funny dripping noise.  She thought I was crazy, but did it.  Sure enough there was a leak....and well they were going to move us to another room.  My doctor arrived a few moments after the leak only to find out that her last "trick" was to well break my water. Since that had happened we were well at a stand still!  YIKES!  Next thing to do was a c-section!!  I was pro that since after 2 days of "labor" nothing had changed.....and I just wanted to meet my sweet baby.

7:00: All our families had arrived for the big moment.  I was geared up as well as Chris.  We had packed our room to be moved while we were in the o.r.  Off we went!  Okay so I have seen c-sections on tv and stuff but man having one was so different.  I felt like I was at Nascar and the Pit crew was setting me up! It was crazy in there....FREEZING COLD, but crazy.  I got on the table for my spinal to be placed, well another fun adventure that was.  After the 7th attempt it was in! WHOO WHOO and I was being slammed down on the table.  Next thing I know Chris has arrived and is holding my hand ready to take pictures.  He did an amazing job taking pictures...I love him for that. From there it was all a flash, and our doctor was asking Chris to look and take pictures.  She then said...Well dad what is it?  He looks and looks and looks and I wait and wait and wait...then finally it comes.  "It's a GIRL?"  I immediately begin to cry...I couldn't believe it we had a baby girl!  She hardly even fussed either...they put her beside me on the warmer and began to clean her up.  We were so in love in such a few short seconds.  Truly it is amazing...

The awful shot I had to take prior to my c-section...
see I told you...

Now for picture OVER LOAD!  Meet Miss Harper Reese:  There are many more pictures to come...blogger didn't want to work for me, so this is all I got loaded! 

Welcome to the world Miss Harper!

 Harper and daddy!
 Harper and I headed to our room.

 Our first family picture

 All dolled up...
 Ready to head home! 


Kara said...

Love her in pink!

Jen said...

Yay! She is so precious! I have been anxiously awaiting this post. Congrats again!

lienhuong said...

Oh My God, she's soooooooooo cute, miss little sunshine