Monday, August 20, 2012

The sky is falling....

The sky is falling!  Okay so maybe the sky is not falling, but my world is slowing crashing.  Miss H has made 2 HUGE steps this week.  But first I have to share my favorite picture from her 6 month shoot!  I LoVe, lOvE, LoVe this one.  It turned out just how I pictured it in my head!



Okay back to the sky falling....No more than had we gotten back home from my sisters house and she was showing off.  Miss H can now officially go from laying on her tummy to sitting up all on her own.  I had not really seen her do this, as she did it in the pack and play at nap time prior to this.  However, when her daddy got home last night she was quick to show him.  I couldn't believe it.  It is amazing to see them learn these new skills!

Today came another big step.  She pulled up for the first time and kept her balance.  Holly cow, where did my baby go?  I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw her StAnDiNg beside me as we were just playing together on the floor.  Thus the big MOVE has happened here!  Tonight Chris and I moved her bed DOWN to the low setting.  Yes, to most this probably isn't a big deal but to me it is for various reasons.  


1) My baby is officially growing up.  This is bitter sweet for me as I do want her to meet the important mile stones, but I don't want her to grow up.  Next thing you know she will be leaving me for college! TEAR

2) I am 5 foot 1.5 inches tall!!!  This momma is going to have to get a step stool to reach her baby now. I mean yes she call sit up, but what about when I want to lay her down with out dropping her 10 feet to her mattress.  You know when they fall asleep and you try to gently lay them down.....NEVER happening here again!

Okay so the next major step for this little girl is to officially full on crawl.  Gosh the way our week is going it will happen tomorrow.  Again bitter sweet!  Guess I need to get off here and start baby proofing our house, YIKES!

No comments: