Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Longest weekend of my life...

A year ago this was the longest weekend of my life.  Chris and I packed our bags up and headed to the hospital at about 4 pm ready for my induction.  Yep, sweet Baby R was about to arrive.  We didn't know if it would be a boy or girl.  We had so many emotions going on (or I did anyways).  Everyone made it to town which was one of the major worries I had.  Thankfully they were they ready to meet baby R too.   I remember majority of it so well, when I wasn't on the crazy meds.  Now a year later it seems so unreal that we were in that place.  I mean this is the day I have been dreading because it means my sweet baby is growing up.  I have so many emotions right now about her becoming ONE!!!
You can read the whole birth story here!

waiting on my room

Chris and the bags waiting on our room

just getting set up for the induction

 Our familes hanging out in our room as we waited and waited.


Harper,

Daddy and I are so thankful to have you in our life.  I can't believe that just a year ago we were waiting for your arrival.  Not only that but I just knew for sure you were a boy in there...Thank the good Lord he blessed me with the sweetest baby GIRL ever.  I remember so vividly as your dad said....it's a, it's a GIRL!  I immediately began to cry! You have changed our life for the better and we love you so much.  You were welcomed to the world by all your family and they will be here again just for you.  I can't believe how much you grew in just ONE year.  You have taught daddy and I many lessons.  I think the most important one is how to have endless love.  I can't wait to see what this next year brings as we watch you grown.

Love Mommy!


No comments: