Monday, December 29, 2008

What is really going on?

Okay...I understand that I live in the land of many malls. I say this because I have options, you know Hulen, Ridgmar, and North East. Now these are just the "close" malls. So when I go home to Amarillo I try to only have a few items left on my list. You know things that I can find at common places or a very small mall. Some of the things that I may leave for good old A-town would be Walmart, Target, or even Old Navy. I will have to say that Amarillo is growing and has gained many new stores, however I don't like to chance my last minute items (please laugh...due to the fact that I am not chancing last minute items) and wonder if that store is in Amarillo. According to my sister it is a below average mall. The main stores are Dillard's, JCPenny's, and Sears. Yes those are the main stores! Then you have a few run of the mill mall stores such as American Eagle, Gymboree, Bath and Body...ect! Okay at this point you may wonder why I am telling you all about Amarillo and the mall.

When I run into random things in "my" mall it seems crazy, but when it has made way to Amarillo that is a problem!!! As my sister and I were out running errands it was to my AMAZEMENT what the Amarillo mall now has. Yes....it is something you would (again) not normally see in the mall. Here in Amarillo, you wont get your fat lazered out instead you can get your TEETH WHITENED!! That's right head on over to the mall and get them cleaned up real good. It is located right there in the middle of the mall, literally. You see it is very nice! There are even four reclining chairs you can sit back and relax in while being whitened. Each chair is surrounded by partitions for your privacy. It is also a very well lit area so that you can really see the change you have just made to your teeth. (Luckily this time I had my new camera!!)

Located right in the heart of the mall.

Amazing in only 15 minutes!!

See the nice dividers?

Look at that clean (white makes everything cleaner) relaxing chair!



While your family is out grabbing a few items, you can just get a whiting session done. This way you don't waste an extra trip to the certified dentist or on gas. If you are needing this service done I really recommend the Amarillo mall. I walked by it about 4 times today and it seems very sterile (The worker and her boyfriend were eating there Taco Bell dinner at the counter). Not only is clean, everyone in the mall can watch. I have often wanted to see food and other particles being removed from a person mouth while out shopping.

This is where I have to ask, WHAT IS GOING ON? Are all the malls that hard up for money? Are these things that people really need in a mall? I am just puzzled about these crazy services we are seeing in our malls. Please tell me what other random stuff can they move it to the middle of a mall?

3 comments:

Kara said...

These are the same people who set up periodically at my local Sam's Club. I do have to be honest and say that I have contemplated getting it done though!

Alyssa said...

Haha, we saw that same thing this week at the mall by my house and thought of you (and your previous post)!!

Anonymous said...

I like the way Abby posed next to the picture. You should have photographed them eating Taco Bell. That's just hilarious.

Brian

PS when are you going to post again?????