Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Grab your seats now.....


this is an actual view of where our ceremony will be


because I have done it! I have finally done it!!! I have picked the place for our DESTINATION WEDDING!!! (contrary to many of my friends beliefs, I am able to make a decision) Okay here is a little warning to all:





***FROM HERE ON OUT ALL MOST ALL POST WILL PROBABLY BE WEDDING RELATED!!!***





Okay now that we have that covered I will proceed to tell you about my fabulous wedding to be. After picking the location, Dominican Republic, then I was left to making a decision on a resort. Let me tell you...I have probably read every review on the major resorts in the DR. Oh and if I haven't read it, then my sister has! That being said my wonderful travel agent Jordan worked me through all the pros and cons to the top resorts. We had it narrowed down to three.

Yes that sounds simple, but really they were still different enough it made it hard to pick. I of course ran home to tell Chris about all three. Being as he is the snobby hotel person, I really wanted the resort to at least meet his standards. We looked over the list. Okay let me rephrase that....I LOOKED over them, and called Chris in to see a few pictures here and there. I gave him the specs for each location.

Well we both kind of fell in love with one of the three! However, the next step was to email the resorts and even see if they had my "date" open for the wedding. Here I am last Friday emailing away. I send out my wonderful email and just wait. I wait and wait and wait and wait. Again my travel agent was great here. She did reassure me that things move a little slower over there and it may take til Tues to get a response. As of Monday I still had nothing. I didn't stress out too much, only because Jordan (the travel agent) is still reassuring me that it is okay.

Finally on Tuesday I got 2 responses! I was so jazzed...then I opened them and well............NOPE June 26th is not open at either one. I wont lie I was a little bummed out! I mean I even told Chris last night that we should just think about other dates. Not that June 26 is special it just works well with school ending and Chris' work schedule too. Plus if we wait later there are more risk of hurricanes. A bit bummed out Jordan tells me not to worry she is sure something will turn up from the last resort. However, this resort emailed that the wedding coordinator is out til Oct 2nd. WHAT!!! I can't wait til then to pick. Jordan again is great in that she said I will call in the morning.

I of course began preparing myself to pick a new date. Then today while my kids are at specials I checked my phone. It was the BEST moment of my very LONG day! (we had testing, substitutes that didn't show..which means extra kids in our room, plus my sweet special friend was having a very rough day) I had an email from JORDAN, it read: Paradisus Punta Cana is open for June 26, 2010!! I was so excited I screamed! Good thing no one was really around my room at the time.

From there it was some simple paper work between Jordan, Paradisus, and myself. It is OFFICIAL people we are getting married on JUNE 26, 2010! Not only is it AMAZING that our date was open, but this is the place Chris and I really wanted to be married at. Funny how things do work out the way you want them to, well at least every once and a while.

I am sure you have heard me say this before but UPDATE YOUR PASSPORTS now!!! You can do this through your local post office branch. Just go to the USPS website and find one close to you. (I should get a kick back since I'm referring people, don't you think?)

No comments: