Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sad but thankful

Today I left Amarillo with much sadness.  In order to have my classroom prepared for the next step in grandma's journey I had to leave her today.  I am so thankful I got to spend the last 3 days with her.  Although she was not always looking at me or talking to me, she was listening.  I hate that the final days have to be so long and worrisome.  We worry that she may be in pain and we wont know.  However, everyone assures us that she is not...you still worry.

I am also thankful that my sister is able to stay with grandma and mom.  No, it is not the same as being there yourself but at least I know she is in great hands with them by her side.  Now I just pray that grandma relaxes enough to move on.  Abby told me this afternoon she seemed to be close.  Thank you to all my friends and family who have said many prayers for us.  We are so grateful to you.

2 comments:

Gentry said...

I know how hard this time is Emily. Last December we had to do the same thing with my Grandma and I was sad that I was not able to make it up to Plainview to say goodbye.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hope she lets go peacefully and walks hand in hand with God to a better place.

Love,

Kathryn

Jayme said...

I also went through the same situation with my grandmother several years ago, and I can empathize with you. I hope that the 3 days you spend with her will give you peace. Sending warm thoughts to you and your family.