Saturday, February 12, 2011

B-E-A-U-tiful weekend!

Finally after 2 weeks of snow and ice we were granted a wonderful weekend.  Let's see...we began our weekend by attending one of Chris' friends going away party.  His friend has just accepted a job in Houston.  It was a blast getting to catch up with everyone...thus posing the question,  Why does it take someone leaving to get us all together?  Really we should do it more often (and for all the guys sake...on our side of town, ha)

Today I woke up and hit a few local stores.  One was having a blow out sale, which was fun!  I picked up a few things that I didn't really need...but were so cheap how could I pass them up.  Not only was it wonderful to enjoy the beautiful weather, but just nice to be out and about.  I am loving the warmer weather and I am loving the NON ICY STREETS!!

I am also really loving that my sweet husband completely understand that I DESPISE Valentine's Day! He knows that to me it is just a waste...and well I would rather him love me everyday; not just the day specified for it!  Therefore when I got home today on my counter were some very lovely tulips!  Often my counter holds a vase of beautiful tulips...just one of the many things he does to win my heart over.

Oh and one last thing before you all go out and enjoy your weekend, there are two fun blog giveaways going on!  The first one ends on MONDAY, head over to Musing Experiences   for your chance at a pari of TOMS!  Then you need to head over to Fierce, Fit, and Fabulous.  She is hosting a giveaway for a Coach bangle bracelet.  Stop in and check it out!   Enjoy your weekend and to you Valentine's Day LOVERS (gag) I hope yours is well, lovely!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Glad you had a nice weekend! Thanks for stopping by my blog to enter the giveaway!!! :-)