Monday, November 10, 2008

Birthday fun and too much food!


Well I can say that I have made it through Birthday Weekend...


Here you will see the very happy birthday boy, a year older! Well the reason he is so happy is because we have just eaten our way through the weekend. Now in "my" family we have what we like to call Birthday Week. You see since Chris and I are still newly dating I had to start him off small. So I told him that he could have "Birthday Weekend". Also this worked out wonderfully since his birthday was on a Sunday. I simply informed Chris that for Birthday weekend he could pick what and where we went and ate.


Well for those of you who know my boyfriend, he really enjoys food. I am not sure where he puts all the food eats but, he does love to eat. Now I will tell you this he goes with the 5 small meals are better than 3 big ones. Since he loves food you can only imagine the madness!






Where do I begin...Well on Fridays we almost always do happy hour together. It is very nice, we can end our crazy weeks together. Since I am the one at school who sends out the "Choir Practice" notice. (We call happy hour, Choir Practice, since school emails are watched. Just a creative way to inform all of the event.) So I normally try to make it at the same location, unless someone at school suggest otherwise. That being said, we started the weekend off at Chimy's. This is the normal Friday night hang out. It's pretty fun, a nice little bar in Fort Worth off 7th and Foch. They have a pretty good patio, great margaritas, beer, and tacos. Why do I mention the tacos...well that was round one of FOOD!! So as normal, Chris indulged in 2 tacos for his Friday night meal. Now moving right along on the food.... Well Saturday, hum lets see. Yes Chris headed to his normal Saturday morning diner. He went of to Montgomery Street...I well I slept. Then I had to head off to tennis. Thank goodness I had tennis because that took me out of 1 meal for the day. He headed off to SMU. His sister Whit goes to SMU and it was homecoming weekend, so they had a blast. Gosh only knows what all wonderful food he had there. Then we met back up for dinner. Well Saturday night dinner was at the Japanese place. He really loves to eat here, I not so much. BUT BIRTHDAY WEEKEND!!! So off we went. Thankfully Saturday was over, and I only was involved in one meal.





So Sunday, man Sunday was the largest food day since it was his actual birthday. Well Sunday morning we had the new cinnamon rolls from McDonald's. They are very wonderful, if you (like my sister) live some where lacking in Cinnabon and such. Then off to church, target and home again. I can't believe we made it in and out of Target with out him eating the pizza hut bread sticks. You see he normally picks some up on our walk out. Not today, because he was holding all his hunger for dinner. Then a nice relaxing birthday at home watching football and movies. Now for dinner! His sister Whit came over from Dallas and joined us. We went to Ruth's Chris!!! Talk about tons of food. Well for those of you who know me, STEAK, not may favorite. However again need I mention, BIRTHDAY WEEKEND! I will say I have learned that the steakhouses can make some great garlic mash potatoes. Chris and his sister enjoyed lobster tail stuffed with crab and a fillet. Where as I enjoyed a salad and mash potatoes. Then to top off the weekend we had some wonderful cheesecake.


Now as you can see, that is why I feel 20 lbs fatter! It was a great little weekend of food, but so close to Thanksgiving! I am off now to play my Monday night tennis, maybe I will work off 1 of my many meals!

1 comment:

Abby said...

Funny, his birthday didn't even include one trip to Rosa's...at least he ate tacos one of his several meals!!