Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I can't believe I missed this...

Every morning I do the same thing. I hear the alarm at 5:45 a.m. hit the snooze 2 times, some days 3. By 6:15 a.m. I am awake and hitting the radio button. Yes, at 6:15 each morning I tune into my favorite morning show- Kidd Kraddick! Well as normal when I tune, in about that time, they are starting the Love letters to Kelly. So like always I listen, think many people are pretty dumb; but at least I get a good laugh. Not today...today it was SHOCK and SADNESS!!!!

So you see Kelly got a letter from this woman, who professed her love for Kidd. Well of course as I listen I think "crazy woman, he has a wife and child!" Then to my complete SHOCK, Kelly says 'well Kidd are you ready to start dating?' So I think to my self okay is she messing with this person. Then Kidd proceeds on..."I don't think yet", but is flattered or what ever. That part is a little fuzzy because I was still in shock at his answer! So from here I have had to do much research as to WHAT IS GOING ON!!!

Well after speaking with a friend, who was also shocked it is TRUE!!! He and his wife are divorced after 18 years of being married. I sit and wonder how did I miss this, I listen each week day. Well come to find out this information was told in August, back when I got to school much earlier. So possibly I missed this HUGE news.

This SHOCK is huge to me, I guess because I felt like Kidd was a pretty great guy. I mean every time he spoke of his family it was always so loving. Also he seemed to be very good about remember family first in life. I mean I just can't believe after 18 years of marriage they would call it quites. I am sure it is hard being married to someone on radio. They do share every life moment with thousands of people, but you would think his wife and child would have been use to this. I guess I am just such a strong believer in sticking it out that I can't believe they have moved in different ways. It is sad to see a couple who you "knew" (or knew from listening to for over 5 years) split up. I have been very bummed out by this all day. I hate divorces, and here recently I have seen many of my friends head down this path.



Well I have added a little of the post for you to read, from Kidd's site:

..... so when listeners ask questions and make commentary about our lives, we have to put up with it - and most days we’re equipped to deal with it - and other days, whether it’s good or bad - you just don’t know what to do. Today Kidd announced that he and Carol are no longer married - just writing it makes my stomach hurt........I’m glad that Kidd waited until Caroline was gone to school before he announced his divorce - divorce sucks for everyone - but especially for the kids - no matter how old they are........

you can read all of the blog at: http://www.kiddnation.com/profiles/blogs/2083456:BlogPost:278567

1 comment:

Abby said...

It just makes me think they are all phoneys!