Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Year with Sweet Little Monkey B

Oh man....how time flies! Well my sweet nephew BJG will be turning ONE on Friday. Man how it seems so fast. I remember this just like it was yesterday. So as always, I wanted to be there to help with little E while the birth was happening. This of course caused our family to be on HIGH ALERT for over 3 weeks. Why? Well my sister, she went to her 36 week check and well was already dilated. It was then that I the very busy AUNTIE had to go into overdrive. From here I had to make lesson plans, I mean I wanted to be ready to jump on a plane (plus I took off a week to stay and help). You see I had my ticket purchased well in advance, but after that Dr. visit I knew things could change fast. So each week I called and checked in. Keep in mind I had already informed my school that I could be gone at any point. The only thing I really needed was for Abby to hold off til her due date, because that would be when our school has Thanksgiving break (that way it didn't cut into my week of days off I took for after the birth). This would allow me more time after the baby came. Luckily all things went as planed and I left on my flight (that I originally booked), on Friday. My parents even made it down, we stayed the night in Houston and thankfully B came on Thanksgiving eve at 8 pm. It worked wonderfully...just as we needed it to.

So this Friday, mom and I will be heading down to the Big EC for his birthday. I can't believe it was a year ago. I have added a few pics from the year with this sweetie...Our next big adventure DISNEY!!



What a proud Auntie, and Big Sister!!





Here Emery is coming to the waiting room.....She was the one to tell us all that it was...."A BABY BROTHER"











Sweet boy....don't forget who really loves you! AUNTIE!!!
B's First Christmas
Here B and E are with my grand father
I love this smile...always so happy
Sweet Little Monkey....We love you so much! What a great Big Sister.







Look at this almost 1 year old!
Happy Birthday B, Love AUNTIE


No comments: