Saturday, November 15, 2008

Road Rage!

Okay so I am sure most people have seen or experienced road rage. However, this past Thursday night I saw the true meaning of road rage. You know up until this evening I thought yelling at a car as they cut you off...well that was road rage. So an eye opening evening it was. I will set the scene for you. I, as normal, was on my way to tennis at 7 pm. I take 20 east (to Arlington) and exit off on Matlock. Well Matlock is now a very bad exit, because Arlington built a new "outdoor" mall there. So this exit tends to back up onto 20. Well I had been following these two cars for a while, and never noticed any crazy driving or such. So at the light I was little shocked to see the car in front of me (the Black small car) honking....blinking his lights...and flipping the car in front of him off (an Exterra).

Of course I am looking around at the other cars, to see if they too are watching this display. As I thought to my self...wow he really pissed him off, the light turns green. Therefor we all turn onto Matlock and I notice still this black car is yelling, he now has his window down. So the next red light, well the man in the black car (about 25-30 years old) is very pissed now. At this point I am just shocked that this is still going on. I notice the Exterra has a handicap logo on his license plate, so I think oh poor older person he didn't know. You know when you realize the person that turned out in front of you is old, you just let it go, I mean they mean well. Mr. Black car didn't care. So at this light still yelling....flipping off....and blinking his lights, he now opens his car door....YES! He stands up starts throwing his arms up and cursing like crazy at the Exterra. Then our light is green so he gets back in, and follows along.

Now at this next light, which is one of Arlington's many red-light cameras....the action went down. The light was red as well pulled up, so the man in the black car opens his door again. He proceeds to walk up to the Exterra. Here he begins knocking on the window. Now our light is green...but we can't go, because there is no driver in the car. So the Exterra driver rolls his window down. At first the man just yells and throws his arms around a lot. So now I am think, this is not looking good...what should a person do in this situation. I mean if you drive off then its like you are okay with what is happening...plus I couldn't because I was behind the empty cars.

At this point, I think okay maybe he will just yell it out and go back to his car! Well NO!!! The man now reaches into the car and begins pushing on the older man in the Exterra. He is pushing and shoving him. This is now when it has gone too far. I mean who does this to a handicap person, so I called the police. By the time our light turned green again they had already arrived. Now I am not sure what happened to the man in the black car, but I am glad he didn't have a gun or anything like that. I think if he had this would have been much worse. I told dis-batch all that I had seen, and she relayed it to the police. So I just hope that man learns this is NOT OKAY! Now I have a new found meaning of ROAD RAGE! As I told my tennis ladies, I was still in disbelief that someone would really take things that far.

No comments: