Thursday, November 20, 2008

Perks of the JOB!

You see recently I have been talking with a friend, who is not so happy with life. Well maybe it is not life necessarily, but their job. They are currently struggling and wondering if it is worth the trouble of being unhappy. To me your job is a high factor for a happy life. I really do LOVE my job. Well I should say I love my job, most days! But I can say that I really enjoy what I do. I think as long as you enjoy what you do, then life will be a little easier. I mean yes, some days I have a very defiant child that does not want to do anything. However, the best part of my job is that tomorrow will ALWAYS be different. My friend, thinks that maybe they would like to take a stab at teaching. Well of course I (a person who loves her job) recommend this for all. Well I recommend it to people who enjoy working and being around kids.



A few PERKS of the JOB:


  • As stated above, everyday is different yet the same.

  • Innocence, since I teach the little ones they are still very Innocent

  • I see tremendous growth with what I do both educationally and socially.

  • No matter what, your students make you smile, laugh, and scream. Sometimes all on the same day.

  • I get to be the person who helps them see the future.

  • I can see as the "light" goes on when they learn a new skill or master one.

  • Paid holidays, with nice time off. Ex: A week off for Thanksgiving, 2 weeks for Christmas, most national holidays off too.

  • Hugs....my kids love to hug me and show me such love.

  • Summers off AND paid!!! (probably the best perk yet)

Now this of course is not all the perks, but enough for most people to see how wonderful it is. However, as with most jobs there is a down side. I of course really do feel as though the downside is out weighed by the Perks. However, as far as my friend is concerned.....Nothing is worse than not enjoying your job and feeling useless. I say if you are not happy with your job and place right now, you need to move on to something new. GOOD LUCK my friend, keep praying and you will find your way.

4 comments:

Abby said...

Thank you Abby and Dad for making me quit a job I hate so that I would go back and be a teacher!!

Alyssa said...

I agree!! My favorite part is that EVERY day is different! (well, maybe besides summers!!)

Anonymous said...

Another Perk You Forgot:
Meeting Your Great Boyfriend at the School.

Emily said...

Oh my gosh...one of the most important reasons I love my job. How could I forget to mention my sweet wonderful boyfriend. You are right, with out teaching I may have never met you. I can't believe I forgot that perk.