Thursday, February 12, 2009

Poor mistreated.....

Kitty and turtle, that would be Bob and Tucker. You see today as I was at school showing off my sweet nephew B another teacher wanted to see their dog. B loves Bailey dog so much that Bailey is one of the couple of words he knows. I then began the scrolling....scrolling....scrolling on Abby's blog to find a picture of Bailey. It was all the way to July I think of 2008 that I finally found a picture. Then the picture was not even really of Bailey but really B, he just happen to be in the background. Therefore after school I called Abby to ask her how she could mistreat my sweet nephew dog like that. How could she never put his picture up on the blog, I mean he was her "first" child. Then she BUSTED ME!!!


"Emily, where are the pictures of Bob and Tucker?" I mean after all you have had them longer than Winston. Oh and they are actually YOUR animals, not a shared one. MY HEART STOPPED!!! She was right, this whole time I have been mistreating them. What a horrible parent I am! How could I not tell of my sweet babies...and only talk about "that DOG" the one I SHARE!. To BOB and TUCKER.....MOMMY REALLY LOVES YOU!

Below I have added pictures of both my sweet babies. Okay for those who don't know Bob, she is the best cat ever. (Yes you read that right SHE) When I was working at JPS oh gosh 5 years ago, the schedule coordinator had this sweet cat. She and her daughter were moving to a new place that would not allow animals. I remember that she had asked me at least 4 times if I wanted a cat...I said NO, I am allergic...blah blah blah. You know all the excuses you use! Then it was about a day later and I asked her if she had found a home, she had not. She informed me that she was going to take her to the pound. I was heart broken, I think I even has talked it over with Abby and Brian. That is when I said I want her. I really knew nothing about her at the time, but I couldn't have asked for a better cat. She is perfect for me. When I picked her up that is when I learned why SHE was name BOB. She is a minx....that means she was born with no tail (a cute little stub). So her daughter called her bob because she kinda looked like a bob cat with a bobbed tail. Bob was only about a year or so old when I got her...it is great because she and E are always the same age! For E this was the only cat she ever knew of...she loved her and Bob always did great with E. It was funny the one time E saw a "real" cat (you know one with a tail) I think they were at a friends....she came running to Abby and said "Mommy mommy the cat has a tail like Bailey not like Bob!" That was when we had to explain to her that Bob was a special cat. Bob is wonderful. She keeps to her self yet loves to be close. For a person, such as my self, who is allergic her non cuddling is fine with me. Here she is:






Okay I know people think I am crazy, not only do I have a cat but a turtle! Well Tucker is special too. You see my mother has turtles at home (this is a whole other blog) and Tucker is one of the 1st babies. When Dad first found him it was late summer, I was worried that he wouldn't know how to eat like the adult turtles or hibernate. Mom told me I could take him home if I wanted. I loaded him up in a shoe box and we drove back to Fort Worth. I guess I have had Tucker for 4 years now, he started out about the size of a quarter. He is much larger than his brother who is still in Amarillo with mom. I think that is because he doesn't hibernate and lives inside. For people who have never been around turtles, come on over. You have to see his personality...yes I said personality. I know it seems weird but he has one. He gets made just like cats and dogs do. He turns his water bowl over and will carry around his cage when he want more. He is a riot..


3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Glad to see Bob and Tucker now have some of the spotlight!

Abby said...

I guess Bob-o has been acting nice since the Christmas shenanagens!! Since she is the best cat ever and all!

We do love Bob. She is very sweet!! Tucker is fine too, even though he gives E nightmares!

Emily said...

I love that you used shenanagens in your comment.... super troopers! lol