Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The things we love.....

about WINSTON! I know I have not really put up a WINSTON post in some time, so here is the latest (maybe a little long, sorry). Winston has really come into his own little personality lately. He is now a happy 10 week old puppy with tons of energy. Winston is really a wonderful puppy, I don't think we could be happier with our little man. The best thing that I love is the potty training.....well I think for the most part he is doing AMAZING! The past week he has only had one accident (I am knocking on wood). Winston loves his schedule (as does his father). We found out the hard way last night that if he is off schedule it messes everything up. He loves to play. He is pretty good at fetching a ball, 3 out of 5 times he brings it back to you. He dislike plastic bottles. I have attached a video...it is a bit dark but you can see (or hear) how he hates them. If we place a plastic water bottle on the floor he goes crazy barking and circling it. It is the funniest thing ever. The other thing that makes me laugh is his night time snack. Okay so we heard that ice makes their puppy teeth feel better, so Chris gives him a night time snack. He puts some crushed ice in his water bowl. Winston picks out one by one a piece and runs around trying to eat it. They slip out of his mouth which drives him crazy, then he goes in for another. Yeah we end up with little water puddles around but it is at least 15 minutes of no biting.






BITING....grrr to this, but no worries we have a solution I HOPE! Today was a very big day for Mr. Winston, we signed up for PUPPY SCHOOL! That's right he will begin classes on February 25th, I am so excited. The down fall, he is still car sick. The trainer that we will be seeing for his puppy school suggested we take small trips in the car. She said it may help him get use to the car "feeling" and be less likely to get sick. Chris and I have taken this suggestion and tried it out. Chris the BRAVE father....and one who doesn't FOLLOW rules, took Winston last week to PetSmart for a car ride. He lets Winston sit in his lap while driving (which I am totally against, I think he needs to be in his kennel or bag for safety). Did Winston get sick? NO!!! Chris claims this is because he could see out the window...I think it was pure luck. I who have taken Winston the past 2 nights to PetSmart got to endure the car sick dog he is. Last night he made it there fine, then on the way home not so good. Today we made it there with no problems.....then we made it home. As I opened the door to the car and was telling Winston good job, he looked at me and puked. I think we may need a miracle here people. Next SATURDAY we have the horrid drive again.....to 635 and Preston for his last shot and microchip!! YIKES! Okay as you can see I could go on and on and on about our little guy. We love him so much and he is growing so fast! Any tips please send them on, we love to try new ideas!

Look at his sweet face
Winston's favorite spot

3 comments:

Abby said...

He's so cute. He wants to ride all the way to EC on Chris' lap to visit his favorite cousins!! Come on!!

The Ham Family said...

I think Chris is right - being able to see out the window is helping Winston not be sick. Doogie has never been in a kennel or bag when riding in the car. You need to get what my mother has for Deeogee -it's a car seat for dogs. I think I have a picture of either Deeogee or Daisy in it. Abby may remember Daisy having one. I'll see if I can find a picture. Just want you to know that my friend Ramona's dog, Riley, rides in her lap or up on her shoulders all the way to Dallas to see Jennifer! Gay

Emily said...

Gay
You have just made Chris' day, maybe even week...by saying he could be right!! I worry though not because we can't clean up the mess, but our driver (Chris) tends to get distracted by Winston when he is out. Yes, please send on the pic I would be happy to try anything. I hate that he feels so yucky in the car. Thanks for the advice...I will let Chris win and we will try more "free" rides!! I mean really can it get any worse.