Monday, February 09, 2009

My least favorite holiday

I dread this week....you know the week that Valentine's Day falls on. Why? How could you? Well you see I have always dislike Valentine's Day. No it is not because I don't have a boyfriend, I just think it is ridicules. (Come to think of it I have had a boyfriend on this "blessed" day for majority of the years). However, that is not the point. The point is that I believe that if some one cares for you they should show you daily...not on this one specific day of the year. Since I now work in a place of MANY women.....you can imagine the chatter about Valentine's Day. I for one am pretty happy that it falls on Saturday this year. I think this may decrease the amount of flowers and candies delivered to school.

The worse part about disliking V-day is I have to "act" as if I enjoy it for my children's sake. It is funny to me that FWISD will only allow us to have so many parties (3), and Valentine's Day is one. My poor kids, they have no idea how I feel about this day. I think their parents may realize it tonight as they read my note home. I am happy for my kiddos to exchange cards, but a reason to pig out on candy....I think NOT. This is how our little party will go: Exchanging of cards; followed by a cookie and juice provided by Miss Mudroch. YES that is it, really do they need anything else?

Okay I can see how this sounds, but.......I am not a total scrooge on Valentine's Day. Yes, I have already sent Little Bear and Little Monkey; Riley (Chris' little sister) all their goodies; and cards to the grandparents. However, that is where I draw the line. I just believe as adults Valentine's Day is ridicules. You may be asking yourself...then just what will I be doing this weekend? The thing I love the most....TENNIS!! I will be playing in the Jack Frost Tournament...and hopefully winning! All you love saps enjoy your ONE DAY of love!!

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I am SO with you on this one!