Sunday, February 15, 2009

What my Valentine weekend was.....

it began with happy hour as normal. We all headed to our same spot for Friday night. Not everyone came, because it was Valentine weekend, but those of who were there had a great time. My friend Carrie (my doubles partner) even showed up for the good times. Here are some pics.

Chris and his co workers


Carrie and I
My Contreras friends


From there the weekend moved right into tennis. Carrie and I played doubles in the annual Jack Frost tournament. The funny thing about this tournament is the name...you laugh that it is called Jack Frost. However, no matter how nice the weekend prior or after is the weekend it falls on is always FREEZING....Well 2 years ago I think it was the coldest we have played in. This year it seemed to stay true....I believe it was about 38 yesterday when we walked on court. Then today it was a tad warmer at 45, but nothing like last weekends high 60's almost 70's. Well Carrie and I play a blah first match, moved into consolation. We lost today in the semi-finals, however play a very nice match. All in all we had semi good weather (for this tournament) and some great tennis. Next step, we begin our spring season matches. I love my 4.0 ladies tennis team we have such a great time. Here are some pics....of Carrie and I, as well as another fellow team mate.

Anita taken the volley


serving the ball...

some great action shots (notice I was brave and took the pants off...still cold)




After the loss!!!


Yes, I am sure you are wondering where the Valentine part was in this weekend. Well after yesterday's match Chris and I enjoyed a normal Saturday. We went to Target (my most favorite place ever) checked out the sale area and grabbed a few things. The best part is we went to the NEW target that has the NEW CARTS!!! I know who would have guessed I would purposely go to a REGULAR TARGET, but if we don't need food I normal ask that we go there. The carts are so nice and they ride smooth....and it is a little less busy than the Super Target. We then rented a movie from Redbox (love the Redbox), grabbed some dinner, and went home to our baby. It was just like any Saturday, nothing special. Oh except Chris broke my Valentine rules and he and Winston gave me a card. Still it broke my non Valentine rule! He is such a mess.


My sweet Boys....Happy heart day!

1 comment:

Kara said...

My favorite part about a new Target is the new carts also! I'm sorry to report that they don't last for too long. Within a year, you will start to get the occasional cart with a wonky wheel. I have a new Super Target opening next month close to my house and I can't wait for the new carts!!!!