Sunday, January 25, 2009

BLAH BLAH BLAH to Sunday nights!

You are probably thinking, Sunday night...what's the big problem? Is it the fact that my weekend is over? That I have duty at school on Monday morning (means I have to be there early)? NO...NO...NO...

Let me tell you about my Sunday nights lately. First you need to know a little about my place. I live in a pretty nice little apartment. I have now lived here for gosh 2 years. They are tucked back in a neighborhood area; with a nice little pond that makes it feel very private. I really have not had much trouble with my place, other than the snake last October. The neighbors have always been very nice. Well as time has passed they have begun to upgrade our places. I have a few of the upgrades, but the most recent one is wood floors. This is not the case for my place, I still have the cheap carpet but that is no problem. Honestly...I HAD no problem with any neighbors until, oh about 4 months ago. The people who lived above me moved out and some new boys moved in. Therefore the nice carpeted floors that they had were replaced with WOOD (fake I'm sure) floors.

Now as the people above me move about I hear every thing they do. I know from the second they walk in the door where they are headed. It is madness how much of a difference wood floors make, honestly. Well 2 younger men have moved in upstairs and they both have girlfriends. Any given evening there is a total of 4 peps up there "stomping" around or so that is how it sounds down here. You know that it is bad when Bob (my sweet cat) notices. She will be sitting her beside me and look up with this horrible face....kind of like saying, "what the heck are you all doing up there" because they are so loud. Okay the funny thing is my problem is not the STOMPING around....it is worse.

Now let me bring you to SUNDAY NIGHTS....I have begun to see a pattern in Sunday nights upstairs (over the last 2 months). I have come to realize (because they park beside me too) one room mate is home and the other is not on this evening of the week. Of course the roommate that is home is the one who lives in the room above my mine (or the master room). It would have been to easy for him to have lived above my guest room!!! On this particular night, he and his girlfriend partake in extra curricular activities. I believe in a room with carpet I would never be subjected to such noises...I know this because there was a married couple prior to these guys! Not once did I hear a sound (or maybe there love life was lame??? who knows). Now you may be thinking, oh that is just part of "apartment" life, but this is not right.

I can hear ever single sound that is made during this action. From the headboard hitting the wall, to the creaking sound the bed makes, and even moans. Let me tell you what, I am not sure how that young lady is able to walk out of there in the morning! I am not sure if its the fact that they are home alone and can get as "wild" as they want....or the floors. The amount of noise made from the room up above makes me cringe at the fact that I have to lay and "try to sleep". It is so awful that I feel as though I am literally sitting in the room with them! I sit there in bed and just think to myself, hurry up and be done already! So it is with great sadness that I either have to turn the TV up so loud (I can't sleep). Or try and beat them to sleep, which is a challenge since I have 2 shows I love to watch on Sunday nights. I would be very happy to have anyone over oh say from 9:30pm till 11:30 pm to listen to the madness upstairs, only then will you truly understand what goes on. Or I guess if you are looking for any tips or ticks I am sure they could show you a thing or two... I can only hope the act gets lame for them...or they break up!

6 comments:

Alyssa said...

I had a neighbor like that once...and she interviewed at my school!!! Needless to say I was relieved when she didn't get the job! :)

Bonnie said...

Bust out the broom! Maybe they don't even realize how loud they are....we had neighbors above us that were in the band at UofH and they would play all their instruments after work. Let's just say it's not too fun to have to listen to the french horn in the afternoon/evening. We asked them to stop playing and they didn't even realize that we could hear them (how we couldn't I don't know). Anyway, they started playing when we were gone to work so we were all able to keep our sanity. Good luck with that one though!

Emily said...

I know it may have been TMI...but it is making me crazy! I have thought about placing a note on thier door about the noise...hummm Great idea with the broom, wonder if they would hear it over their own noises?

Oh and yes every time I see them...It makes me crazy! I can only imagine seeing them at work oh gosh...

Kara said...

Get some earplugs. There are some great ones called "Hearos" and they are really my Hero because I always seem to go on vacation with people who snore! I have some new hot pink ones and they are really cute!

The only other thought I have is write down a play by play of what you heard the prior evening and post it to their door. Maybe if they realize they "aren't really alone", they would pipe down!

Emily said...

Sorry Abs I deleted your duplicate comment...and now it is gone all together...

Here is what she said.
OMG really TMI!

Emily said...

Kara I love the play by play idea. I really think I may do this and leave it on their door. I wonder what they would think knowing over 25 people have read about their escapades!