Wednesday, January 07, 2009

BOOMER SOONER

Well here it is the night before the BIG game. I have of course invited my SOONER friends all over for a little SOONER watch party. I am so happy my sweet little Sooners have made their way to the BIG GAME! But you see I have seen this same night go down very ugly. Therefore, as I prepared all my game night treats....I also was hoping my boys would pull this bowl game off. I love my sweet Sooners, but we tend to make it to the big bowl game (Orange or Rose) and then well NOT SHOW UP!!!! You see after watching (sorry Kara) the RED RAIDER.....and their bowl game, I just hope we perform better. I know we have a great team this year, but as a Sooner you always have that worry in your heart.




Yes...these are 2 of my little Sooners....


No worries though, I have great faith in my boys this year. Not only do I have faith, but I have talked all 21 of my sweet kiddos into LOVING anything OU!! I think I love that the most, creating little Sooners. I have done a wonderful job of this. A fellow teacher commented on it today. As my sweet SOONER angels were taking a bathroom break, a fellow teacher went into the bathroom as well (she is so brave I would never use the kids bathrooms at my school...ick!). She is a TECH lover....so we have great fun as her room is across from mine!
This is what she said to me today after leaving the bathroom.....

"Miss Mudroch, you have such a great class.".... I of course say "Thanks, we are just trying to remember how to bathroom break since we had 2 weeks off. Some can't remember that we don't TALK in the hall." To this she replies, "well they are very wonderful and they even reminded me to watch the big game." I begin to laugh...because yesterday we talked football right before school was over. Then she continues "Yes, one little girl says her mom is a Gator fan..... But it is okay because she knows that OU is much better than being a stinky gator that lives in nasty swampy water. So she told her mom that she can not be a Gator, but will be a Sooner instead!"...I then fall out laughing, because I know which sweet child this is and yes she probably really did say this to her mother. I wonder if her sweet mother (they are one of my seminary families...so education is a priority) told her that being a nasty swamp water Gator is better than a THIEF!!!! It's the little details they don't need to know.

BOOMER SOONER to all, and even if you don't LOVE the Sooners we are a Big 12 teams so it's okay to cheer us on this once! (even if my family didn't pick OU...no love)

No comments: