Wednesday, January 28, 2009

SNOW DAY!!

Yesterday started this crazy mess in Fort Worth. As I drove to school, other schools around the area were closing. It was really random if you ask me that all these schools closed with just some rain and 40 degree weather. Throughout the day it continued to rain and parents were poring into our school to get their children. This was due to the fact that the northern area schools were closing early due to ice. Lucky me (please read with loads of sarcasm)....I had 20 out of 22 students all day. My other colleges had any where from 12-7 children missing in their class rooms. However, we continued on with our NORMAL school day. As school ended our principal wanted everyone out asap because the temp was dropping. I headed to the store, and then to Chris'. I mean if we are going to have a "snow day" we may as well be together...true!

Things were fine til oh say 8:30ish. Then it began...sleet! It sleeted for a good 2 hours on top of the rain we had all day. At this point Chris was declaring that for sure I wouldn't have school, I thought no...we always go no matter what. (I added a few pics of him and Winston (it is his first rain/sleet) as it began last night.) On with our night as normal we went...then the 10 o'clock news declared FWISD closed Wednesday! I was really bummed out, everyone else was just having a 2 hour delay. I hate missing school because then we have to make it up at spring break! BLAH! Needless to say I went to bed very sad....




It may look like snow...but no sleet

BRRR!!

SAD still I think not....after waking up today I realized it was best that we miss school. It is what now 8:30 and still only 19 outside, yeah I don't think the roads will be any better by 10 for most of those schools. Now it is just on to enjoy our "snow day" I say "snow"....because it is really and ICE day, not a single snow flake fell only ice! As for Winston, he loves it out there he thinks it is a big ice cube and licks everything. My fear is that his tongue will get stuck! Also it is very funny to watch him try to take off fast on the ice...its like a little man running in place then darts off. We will chill inside for the rest of the day....oh and maybe grade some papers. I hope everyone around this area enjoys their ICE day too!!




We love ICE DAYS!!

Winston running on the sleet....

Licking the sleet...

1 comment:

Abby said...

Hope that you are enjoying watching the traffic report! Enjoy your free day off.