Monday, January 12, 2009

WINSTON ROBERTS

Thank you to all who help us with the name.  Chris and I really like them all...we even took turns calling him by each name.  One hour he was puppy, the next Winston, and so on.  However, we too last night came to the conclusion that we loved WINSTON best.  Thankfully, the results ended that way as well.  

Our next goal is for him to realize that Winston is his name.  Thus far he hears a lot of No...Oh no...NO NO NO!  I am sure (at least I hope) the No's will die down a bit soon.  He really is a great puppy.  Last night as Chris and I put him to bed and he just laid quietly in his kennel next to us we felt blessed.  He does great at sleeping thus far and I hope this continues.  However, I am worried about tonight since he has been in his "home" (what we are calling his kennel) off and on all day as Chris went to and from appointments.  Well I need to let the little guy out to potty, then I am off to tennis.  One last note, if anyone has great tips on biting and chewing (he loves to attack our pant legs...I am sure it is because he is so little, but still annoying) we would love to hear it.  Thanks again!

P.S sorry no cute pic, I used the apple and it doesn't have any pictures on it yet.  

1 comment:

Kara said...

I don't think you can do anything about the biting by those little puppy razor teeth...just try to give them something else to bite! I found these toys called "Bite Meez" made by "Just Bepaws" that are kind of like a stuffed animal/puppet. You can put your hand inside so it is protected. That really saved me. Used to get them at anthropology, but then stopped having them. I think my mom got some once at Cracker Barrel of all places. I still have holes in pant legs from Lola's puppy years!

So glad you have a puppy. Listening to people talk about raising a puppy always kills my urge for one...well that and HUGE vet bills for the one I already have!