Sunday, January 11, 2009

We made it through our first night...

My cute boys!!

Well we have done it...we made it through the night! Let's do a quick recap of the evening. "Puppy" (yes we are still calling him this tell the votes are tallied tomorrow....SO VOTE!!) spent the evening playing like crazy. He loves to play, then we also went and saw a puppy friend up the street. I know my sister would be appalled that we took him around other puppies, due to parvo! But we know the friends very well, and their dogs are both very well kept. Puppy was not sure what to think of the big dog (a lab mix), but he liked their little Yorkie (she is a month older than Puppy). After play time it was home to take our FIRST BATH...Remember the car ride home yesterday, dewormer everywhere. He needed a bath, and he didn't LOVE it but didn't hate it either. After his bath we let him eat a little more. Then it was outside for the last time before bed time. As Chris took him out I prepared the bed. A nice cozy home if I don't say so my self. We put down a towel, his blankey (Chris bought it when he was out and we were at home.), and the warming bottle. It was ready to go so we kissed him goodnight and put him in his kennel (located in the kitchen). Then off to bed we (Chris and I) went.


Just after his first bath...He loves to lay on you...no matter where!


....after 40 minutes of listening to the little guy I couldn't take, I had to go in there. So I didn't want to bother sleeping daddy (Chris snoring it up!) with pillow and blanket in hand I went to the kitchen. Yes, I thought about moving him to the room but Chris and I had not really talked it over so I just made camp in the kitchen. He was so sad, but as soon as I laid down he calmed down too. He stuck his little paw out of the kennel and I rubbed it. Sound a sleep we both were when oh at 4 AM Chris comes running into the kitchen. I guess puppy had yelped a little, and Chris said he needs to go out. Chris grabbed him and out they went. Puppy did a good potty, and back in the boys came. Then Chris is like let's move him in to the room. I held puppy and Chris brought in the kennel. He placed it right next to the bed so I could still reach him if he cried. 4 AM till 7 AM not a peep came from that kennel, it was AMAZING!! Chris even got up around 6 and showered....Puppy and I never knew! So we did it the first night was over...
Look at my new scarf...

The rest of the day puppy has been so fun. We played and played, then Chris and I headed out for about and hour and a half. Puppy had to go into kennel again. He was not so excited about it but we heard you need to do it for small times everyday and he will get better. Since Chris and I both have to work we needed to prepare him now. Out we went....we did a quick lunch, Target trip, and then of course Petsmart. We bought sweet puppy a few more toys, puppy treats (since he is pottying so good outside), and a comb. Then we realized our time was up and home we went. I stood by the bedroom window just to see if he was still crying, but I couldn't hear him. Sure enough as we opened the front door.....crying it was. Chris ran in to save him and take him to potty of course. He was so happy to see us. Then we thought since it was such a nice day we would take a walk. No puppy didn't walk, he was carried but it was still nice to walk with him. After our wonderful walk it was playtime in the front yard. He loves his new toys. I have added a few pictures of the oh thousands I have taken. Please everyone pray tonight goes as wonderful as last night did. If you have not voted on a name, you have till 6pm tomorrow....HURRY UP HE NEEDS A NAME!!!!


Let's PLAY!!!


Oh my new chunk it chula....I love it and daddy does too!
So tired from playing.....

6 comments:

Kara said...

Earplugs. Invest in earplugs. Hopefully every night will go as well, but with Lola it didn't, so earplugs saved my life.

what a cute puppy!

Abby said...

You need to give his breed one of those desinger mix names. You know like the Snanoodle. I think he could be a Papkie or a Yorilion.

Love him!

Alexis said...

Oh my goodness...that dog is soo stinking cute!!!! I like the name Winston..he looks like a Winston! Hope all is going well!

Emily said...

No need for ear plugs just yet. He has done great the past two nights. And yes we should give him a breed name....I like papkie, but he is more yorkie so I guess we will have to say a Yorillion.

Bonnie said...

He is a Yorkillon- according to hybrid dog names. I noticed Abby's comment earlier. That sounds better than our dogs...we have a Cavapoo and a supposed labradoodle, but I hate those words so we always say they are cavalier and lab/poodle mixes. He's adorable by the way! Congrats on your new family member.

Abby said...

WOW Bons, I am so impressed that yo actually know the hybrid dog names. I agree that the crazy names are sort of made up hype.