Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Our first!

This past Wednesday night Chris and I had our first pre-marriage mentor session! I was a bit nervous about it and I think Chris may have been too. However, it was really fun. Our church has this wonderful mentoring program that they recommend each couple go to. The couple we are paired up with seem very much like Chris and I. They are pretty fun and I am looking forward to learning more from them.

For the first session you have to complete a "compatibility test"! I kind of laugh about this....I mean heck we have already decided to get married, don't you think we are compatible? So this compatibility test is really more of a test to see where we are not as strong! You know areas that we may have differing points of view! Well it was 200 questions long...and we had to agree or disagree to every question. Some of the questions were very funny, some serious, and some that were no brainers! I think Chris and I did pretty well on it...however, we will find out in about 2 weeks.

Other than the test, we also did a lot of talking. Mostly the talking was about how Chris and I met. Why we liked each other at the beginning and so on. Funny thing is....Jan asked each of us when we knew we LOVED each other! You know I can't say that Chris and I have ever really talked about that with each other. I mean we both can remember when we first said "I love you;" and why we love each other. However, I really have never told him at what exact moment I fell in love with him. I found that interesting. I mean this is the man I am about to become one with and I never told him when I felt that way.....

If your interested I will share; and if you haven't told your significant other the moment you realized you loved them...Do! Tell them, and if they know then revisit it! For those of you who really know me (not just blog friends) you know that Chris use to come by the school all the time. That is when I started kind of stalking him. Then it took my assistant principal to really "hook us up" outside of school. But when did I fall for this wonderful man? Well you see in July of 08 Chris asked me to take a trip up to Minnesota with him. We were going to visit his family and then drive back his sisters new car! The trip there was a blast meeting his whole family for the first time. Watching how he interacted with his brother and baby sister made my heart melt. I also loved that he and his father were pretty much the same; actually it made me laugh a lot! Our time with there flew by fast as we visited with his family and friends. He introduced me to many new things....a juicy lucy (hamburger stuffed with cheese...very messy), the Mall of America, and a Forth of July wearing a sweatshirt and jeans (it was very chilly). Once our time was up we loaded up Whitney's car and hit the road.


4th of July


Enjoying a quick stay in Nebraska

This is where my love for him began....to really show its self! As Chris and I made our way from Minnesota to Fort Worth we had a blast. We really got to know each other there. We chatted about everything, jammed out to the radio, and enjoyed the views. That trip was amazing I mean we crossed through 6 states on the grand journey! As we made our way back home I began to think about the entire week with Christopher and how happy I was to be apart of it. I mean I was truly happy. I think at the moment...I realized I was in love with this man. I mean we spent over 12 hours in the car together, plus a week with his family and I couldn't imagine anything better. I realized I wanted to be lucky enough to spend the rest of my life with this man. I wanted to make that trip a million times if it meant feeling the way I did then. Still today I can love looking back at all of our pictures from the journey; it makes my heart melt every time. Better yet, I do get to spend my life with this man and feel that love everyday. I am very blessed to have such a wonderful man want me to be his one and only.

1 comment:

Amanda Lynn said...

What a wonderful story! That's so interesting because I don't think my fiancee and I have ever shared when we first realized we loved each other, guess that's something we'll have to do tonight! Thank you for sharing!