Sunday, April 18, 2010

I wondered every time.....



I hit that stinking button if it was worth my time!!!  Okay what the heck am I talking about, well AT&T Mark the Spot!  For those of you who are AT&T peeps and have an IPhone I really recommend it.  Prior to yesterdays incident I probably would have told you no.  I mean you know how some of the apps on the IPhone are jokes.  I too believed that this app was pretty much a joke, until... 

I am completly FED UP with AT&T and the fact that EVERY single time I place a call it is DROPPED with in minutes of beginning it.  I mean what should be a quick, "Hey I am going to go do this and then I'll see you back at the house" conversation ends up worse.  It goes more like this:

me: "Hey Chris, I am......

DROPPED CALL
WAITING TO REMAKE CALL (hitting my MARK the SPOT APP)

me: "going to run to the store....."

DROPPED CALL
MAKING THE CALL AGAIN
BUSY BUSY BUSY BUSY (hitting my MARK the SPOT APP)
MAKING CALL AGAIN

me: anyways then I will meet you at home."
Chris: "I hate your stupided blank blank blank AT&T phone."
me: "I know but I love you see you soon."

Please note that my 2 minute coversation is now, oh 30 to 45 minutes long!  Well yesterday I was done with it, I hated AT&T more than before.  Mostly because I had a very important message I needed to covey to Chris and couldn't.  Then I have to resort to texting....oh and driving, NOT A GOOD THING! Plus Chris hates texts. 

I (very annoyed and pissed) picked up my wonderful, amazing, lovely IPhone and dialed 611 (AT&T).  I listen to they dumb anamated system and finally make it to a REAL person!   I begin with I HATE YOUR COMPANY!!! Then the man starts with well let me see what I can do for you.  Really, well I can tell you what you can do; but I don't think it would come out nicely.  Needless to say we were chatting for about 30 minutes when DROPPED CALL!! Yes, while talking with the tech my phone dropped, IMAGINE THAT!  Oh and guess what AT&T well they apparently don't call you back when this happens.  Reguardless I had to be at tennis....


After tennis I tried again!  This time I reached a nice lady!!!  She was very over the top on the happy, joy, joy customer service!!!  However, AT&T claims it is mostly an IPHONE issue (to take it off 3G and I will be fine) she was still very helpful.  Her first remark was well I see you have had many dropped calls....I ask how do you know this?  She then informs me that it was marked each time.  I (overjoyed) say, "Wow, I didn't really believe that worked! HA!!!  Needless to say she sent my phone some updates, marked our call, and then gave me a very nice credit to my bill!  LONG STORY SHORT!!! If you have an Iphone, down load the app and use it...because it really does work!

2 comments:

Abby said...

It is an I-phone issue they sold more of them than they can support. It's not an i-phone only issue because my craptastic phone drops like crazy in dallas too. Not Houston but Dallas. Thanks Abby my sister for the credit!!

Emily said...

Oh yes my sister of much wisdom...thank you!!!