Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Puppy Flu, REALLY?

Alright, for those of you who do follow my blog and care about my Little pup. Well as stated earlier, he went to the vet yesterday. The already scheduled appointment for shots. Thankfully his sweet father was able to take him into the vet appointment at 7 am! Chris explained all the symptoms to the nurse. She claimed that they would check things out and let us know. (The nice thing about Petsmart is we have their pet plan. Therefore, we get things at a discounted rate or no rate at all.)

Around 11 we had not heard back from them so I called up there. They wanted to do a blood test to rule out the big things like Parvo and some gastro...something. I agreed that it would be fine to do that. I hate being the worrying mother! They ran the test, all came back clear. Right now they believe he must have eaten something (which I don't know how really we are around him too much), or that he picked up the "puppy flu". Yes, people apparently pets can get the flu too! After his shots he was ready to come home and eat! I mean heavens he had not really had anything for a day and a half. Thankfully Chris' brother is here, so Winston has a friend for the day. Plus he is getting some good attention I am sure he needs. It gives Chris and I a break from worry if he is feeling better too. As of last night he was much perkier and even playing around. I am so happy it was nothing serious! Thanks for all the warm thoughts....

No comments: