Monday, May 11, 2009

Tap, Ballet, and T-Ball!!


WOW, my sweet Little Bear is a busy little girl. I never got to experience the soccer part of her world, being as it was in the fall. However, thanks to my Swine-Cation I got to be there for all her fun activities this past week. On Tuesday Little Bear had a t-ball game. Abby had explained to me how the whole T-ball idea worked, but to see it in action. WOW all I can say is WOW.
T-ball is not like it use to be. When I was a sweet little 5 year old, we hit every ball off the T and kept score! I don't even know if everyone got to play....NOW, times have changed! Here are the rules:

  • Everyone bats
  • You get 3 coach pitched balls, then the T comes out....UNLIMITED T tries!
  • Everyone plays the field
  • Always throw to First Base unless "last batter"

Well when I say everyone plays the field I mean everyone...even coaches. Picture this 2 people per position, then in the out field you have 3 kids and 2 coaches between to help direct the throw. No matter if there are kids on base you always throw to first base. Positions that you really need to pay attention when playing at are....PITCHER, FIRST BASE, and HOME PLATE. All other positions are just kinda there, if the ball comes then you get a chance to play! It was so fun watching all the kids play. The best part is that Little Bear acted like she really enjoyed playing.

On Wednesday I got to experience Little Bears other activities....tap, ballet, and gymnastics. Little Bear was kind enough to let me come "watch" her for only a couple of minutes at gymnastics. She has this thing about letting people watch...I don't get it really! I also got to see her take her pretty dance pictures, but couldn't watch her dance. She has her recital coming up on May 29th....so I will get to see it then. She has the cutest costumes an elephant and Cinderella. They fit her perfect and she loves to tell you about what the dance is like! I am so happy I got to enjoy some of her activities, since I used to be at everything! (now they are too far from AUNTIE)

Warming up

Little Bear's cheering squad, Grandma Pope was there too!!





Little Bear's favorite part.....the T-ball pledge!

in the dug out waiting to bat

great base hit!

heading to second

rounding to third....

and home plate!

After her great hit and running!

and you wonder why I call him Little Monkey!

Little Monkey giving Little Bear a pep talk!

She was playing pitcher....a big spot to play!

great game Little Bear

Post game, each player gets a snow cone....can you tell?

No comments: