Friday, May 01, 2009

Happy May Day!!



Swine-Cation Day 2!

It really is wonderful being out of school. I have had such a nice time thus far and it has only been 2 days. I still have 10 days left.

HAPPY MAY DAY TO ALL! For those of you who DO NOT live in our (Chris and I's) neighborhood you did not receive a May Day treat. But HAPPY MAY DAY to you! May Day is a wonderful day...My Sweet Wonderful Amazing (are you barfing yet) boyfriend is the one who introduced me to May day. I guess it is a norther state thing! However, I wanted to continue the tradition of May Day. It is to show all your friends and neighbors that you appreciate them. As one of my sweet friends said today, "It is just a happy day treat." So today I had to take Winston in for the "de-maning" as Chris would say. However, it is best for him and we have to in order to keep him. It was part of the rescue adoption. Since I am out of school what better time than now!

I dropped Winston off at 7 am (so much for sleeping in on my vacation). Then headed out to run a few errands. Yesterday I began my May Day preparation... I had bought my vases and bags yesterday but had to pick up the flowers. Off to my favorite place I went....TARGET! Of course I have found week day shopping is wonderful. I did however run into a student and their mother. The mother very happy her child was home and not getting the Swine Flu. After I gathered the flowers I headed home to assemble all the baskets.

I ended up making 9 baskets. I made four for the neighbors, 3 for friends, and 1 for Chris and Winston. Here is how they turned out!


The flowers, the bags. and the tags....

The flowers in the bags ready to go!


Off to the neighbors I go...I would have taken Winston but he was gone!


Chris and Winston's May Day gift...Winston got a new toy!
(like he need any more toys)

After the May Day baskets my teacher friends and I headed out for our pampering. We went to get our toes done. It was wonderful, but very busy. I am thinking all FWISD teachers were out taking advantage of their days off. I love to get my toes done, they always look so amazing after.


K getting her nails done!


The Contreras Girls enjoy our Swine-Cation!!!

Julie listening to Miss K talk about her tent....So sweet!

Our little boy ready to go home! Poor guy! He seemed happy for a dog who had be ripped of his man hood!

No comments: