Friday, March 05, 2010

7 MONTHS!!!

Wow, I can not believe that Chris and I have been engaged for 7 months!!  Let's do a quick recap of all the amazing things that we (when I say we mostly I mean me, my family, and or my friends) have accoplished.  I would love to sit here and blog that it has been all sunshine, rainbows, and butterflies.  However the reality of it is that there have been a few struggles here and there; but for the most part I think it has gone very well.  Nothing is an adventure without a few bumps in the road, right?

Well first of all I did the major freak out that all newly engaged girls do!!!  I looked at my ring a billion times...oh wait I still do that!  Then of course I endulged in many BRIDES magazines; thanks to my mom and sister.  I shared my AWE-INSPIRING proposal story will many friends, family memebers, and blog friends.  Then after about the first month I began to do the seriouse stuff, you know the "planning".

I looked at my "knot" planner today and realized I had accoplished many of the to-dos that were necessary as well as the ones that are still ahead.  Here is a small (lol) list of things that I have completed in these very short 7 months:

  • Picked out our wedding party
  • Visited the wedding site (Mom, Abby, and I headed to the DR in November..fun fun fun)
  • Planned the wedding ceremony (from flowers to cake and more)
  • Picked the colors of our wedding: yellow and aqua (the ocean made that easy)
  • Took our engadgment pictures (thanks to Jonathan they were BEAUTIFUL)
  • Compiled the many names and addresses needed
  • Mailed our Save the Dates
  • Arranged Jordan to be our travle agent (that makes me happy not to be booking flights and such)
  • Set up our wedding website to help keep people up-to-date on arrangements (chrisandemily.org)
  • After many dresses...finally found MY WEDDING DRESS!!!
  • Picked out Chris' suit for the wedding (very handsom)
  • Registerd for all the fun goodies
  • Asked our pastor to join us (Thanks Mark you rock!)
  • Planned out the ceremony style
  • Found a location for our back home ENCORE celebration in Fort Worth
  • Picked out the bridesmaids dresses (see post from earlier this week)
  • Purchased thank you gifts for the wedding reception
  • Purchased bridesmaids gifts
  • Purchased gifts for the flower girls and ring bearers
  • Began purchasing items for the Welcome Bags (mostly complete minus 3 items)
  • Purchased the Welcome Bags
  • Invitations...picked out the perfect ones (thanks to Sonja at JWD Paperie)
  • Began to look at rings for CHRIS!!
  • Began purchasing "beach" clothes for the wedding week and honeymoon
  • Booked the videographer for the wedding day
  • Chris booked our honeymoon ( Sandals Royal Bohemian Resort, Nassau, Bahamas )
  • Began pre-marriage mentoring
Okay WOW!!! I am sure I didn't cover all the things I have done.  I mean heck I am trying to keep up with it all, but you know it is really hard.  However, there still are a few things on the TO DO LIST! However I am pretty happy with all that is completed or at least in progress.  Yes it kind of seems like I will never cover it all!  I just can not believe that our wedding is coming so quickly.  I mean it is crazy...I still feel like Chris just proposed to me yesterday.  From today we only have 112 days left...heck I better stop blogging and get to work!

No comments: