Wednesday, April 29, 2009

SWINE-CATION

What is a SWINE-CATION....that is what I am officially on! You see here in FWISD they have closed school until MAY 8!! That's right, no school for over a week. WHY? Well at the middle school that my elementary school feeds into there has been a confirmed Swine Flu case. The child who has the flu is a cousin to a 5th grade student at my school. That is problem one! Also at 3 other schools with in about 2 miles from mine, there are probable cases. Problem 2. Many of you know that I teach at a very Hispanic area. Most of my student's parents are from MEXICO...thus the reason why the Swine Flu is in the area. In order to keep all students safe and from others FWISD has closed us down. Well I guess I should do something productive with my week and a half off.

I know on Friday I have plans to take Winston in for his neutering. I guess after that he and I may make a trip to my sisters. Heck we have a whole week who knows what kind of trouble Winston and I can get into!

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Wow, I'm a little jealous and then again not! Hopefully the state will waive your days so you don't have to make them up. Surely if we get Ike days you can get Swine days! Enjoy your days!