Monday, April 27, 2009

I HEART TENNIS!

Doug and I playing our match

I know I have said it many times before, but I LOVE my tennis family. I have been so busy lately I didn't have time to post on our last little tennis event. I am on the board of Arlington Tennis Association (which is a wonderful organization!) We are a non profit association trying to keep tennis alive! We do many different things as far as holding tournament, teaching under privileged youth, inter league, and a scholarship. I love being apart of such a outstanding program. ATA is hosted out of Arlington Tennis Center, which is a very key component to our success. Arlington Tennis Center is probably one of the nicest public tennis facilities around!

DUE TO THE RAIN, many of our tennis matches and events have had to be rescheduled lately. Therefore 2 Sundays ago we hosted our spring inter league. This is my favorite event, not because I have won 3 times....but because of all the fun we have. Basically we form teams of 6 (mixed doubles)...then each team will play 4 rounds of 8 games. What makes it so fun, is that we have good food, drinks, and music. (This year my dear friend Jay helped us lower our cost and DJ-ed our event. Everyone loved the good jams.) You can see how this event could be a blast. Any time you get a large group of friends together with food and music it is bound to be a great time. I am sure many of you have been a part of a sport over time, but tennis is like a family. Over the years of playing you began to meet such amazing people. We had such a blast....Although this year we did not win 1st (we came in 3rd), it was still fun!

Carrie and I enjoying the day

Chris supporting our team! What an amazing boyfriend really....

Jay pumping out the jams!

Here we are handing out all the great door prizes.

The first place team!


The 2nd place team...can't you tell they were a little bummed!

No comments: