Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The BREAK IN!!!

Well yesterday was an eventful one....and no events we would ever like to endure again! Chris is such a great puppy daddy, as he was making his mid morning break. He let Winston out at about 10:30 to potty. Then he put him back in his kennel and headed down the street to a meeting.

After his quick (and I mean quick) meeting he headed back home for lunch. Chris arrived home at 11:05 to notice things were not right. Chris saw that his bedroom window was completely broken out! Then he walked up to the front door to notice that it was WIDE OPEN! This is the point where he stopped and called the police....then sent me a text message.

The message said, "The house has been broken into again!" I am at lunch reading this and immediately freak out. (YES AGAIN....It was exactly 1 year ago that Chris first got broken into. He had just finish remolding his house; and we believe that is who broke in.) I of course immediately call CHRIS! He answers, and states that he has not gone in yet but does not hear Winston barking. MY HEART STOPS!!! The first thoughts that come to me are that they took him, hurt him, or let him go. You know I don't really care about all the stuff in the house but do my WINSTON.

The police were very speedy, they arrived within 5 minutes of Chris' call. They went into the house and secured it. Then Chris was allowed to enter and see what destruction was done. When Chris walked in the door WINSTON was sitting in his kennel and happy to see his dad. The intruders had taken and thrown BEER bottle at his kennel. I was devastated to hear he was treated in such a way. I mean no animal in a cage deserves to be treated that way...it is not like he could hurt them from in there. Chris quickly saved him from his kennel and held him while giving his report to the police.

Thankfully Winston was not hurt worse than living through the nightmare of the whole event. The intruders took a few things, but ran out of time as Chris came upon them. They (Chris believes it was 3 Jr. High Students...1 male and 2 female, in school uniforms) ran off with the lap top, digital camera, Chris' watch, my ear rings, Chris' gun, and a few other odds and ends. All in all we are very lucky that we only lost material items, all of which are very replaceable.

Since I was at school when Chris texted, I quickly ran home to check on all of my sweet boys at planning period (12:30). When I got home, sweet Winston ran to the door and wouldn't leave my side. He wanted to be held and comforted the whole time. Poor sweet Chris spent most of the time cleaning up the glass from the window. Then he began the inventory list of that was taken. The police told us they are stepping up patrol in the area. They will also be placing a few undercover cops around the neighborhood. I just continued to hold my sweet pup until I had to head back to school. From there Chris took over and finished up cleaning.

After school we packed the boys up and headed to my place. There was no way I was going to let them stay there, with a broken window and all. It was fun when we got to my place because it was the first time Winston met his sister Bob (my cat and I couldn't get a good pic sorry). Winston would just walk around and try to sniff Bob. Bob would look at him an meow...then Winston would take off in the other direction. Yes, Winston is SCARED of BOB. Poor Winston what a day for him.....bottles thrown at him, taken to my home, a cat thrown at him...what more could a dog take in a day!


Chris working so hard....and yes that is his Winston's kennel holding up the wood!

Winston looking sweet while helping daddy! (okay or letting daddy use his bed!)

Today we (Chris, Winston, and I) went to Lowe's and got a nice piece of plywood for the window. Chris found out it would take about 10 days before he could get a new window, so plywood it is. Both boys (Winston and Chris) loved the Lowe's trip and placing the wood on the house. Yes now we look like the WT neighbors....or as Chris said like we are preparing for a hurricane. Pretty sure no hurricanes will make it to Fort Worth anytime soon!


The finished product....and our new hurricane/wt look!
Hope the neighbors don't mine!

2 comments:

Kara said...

Poor Winston! Now both he and Lola have been witnesses to a burglary!

Kara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.