Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Lessons, sometimes learned the hard way!

I will begin this with this statement, "I do not have children (I know a shock to a few!) and I understand lessons must be taught but really!!!"


Okay since I do not have children, as stated above, I do not always understand the way parents think. My dear sweet friend Ms. Yang (she is our ART teacher) has been teaching her sweet daughter (who is 7 I believe) a lesson the past 3 weeks. Her approach is very different this is why I must "blog" about it. Let me set up this picture please.....The Yang's are very simple people: they are vegans, do not have cable TV, and her daughter can only watch the non cable TV on Saturdays (and not for long either). So Yang's daughter has been wanting a pug dog for a very long time. Yet Yang wanted her to PROVE she was responsible enough to take care of this dog. (As if being a very smart, well behaved child is not enough)


Therefore her daughter got a STUFFED PUG DOG!!! (yes stuffed, as in NOT REAL) Yang told her daughter if she could prove to be responsible for this stuffed dog for 2 weeks then MAYBE she could have a real alive one. Her daughter very determined (like her mom) has taking this responsibility to the extreme. Every morning she takes her STUFFED dog out on a leash to the front yard. She waits for it to "potty" and then comes back in. From here she takes the dog in and plays with it, talk to it, and feed it. She even goes to the pet store and buys it cute things like shirts, toys, and collars. Yang will even pretend the dog has had an accident (place some chocolate chips on the floor) and call her daughter to clean up after her puppy. I believe that this may be the extreme side to proving a point....but I am happy to say it has all been worth it. What Yang's daughter doesn't know is that on FRIDAY....when she gets home she will have a REAL ALIVE PUG PUPPY waiting for her.


Man I hope when I do become a parent I am as creative as Yang. I know it seems silly but you know that when that dog arrives it will be well taken care of and loved. I can honestly say I probably would have given in about 1 week into this craziness. Yang I love your ways...you are such a wonderful mom and have raised an amazing little girl!

No comments: